Monday, January 01, 2007

welcome

Welcome to Senfedge!

It's 2007 and we don't care. The truth of the matter is that we just want to continue like we had done so for the past year or so (is it 28 years already?) because we haven't done much wrong, have we? I'm sure good things happened to you all, and I'm equally sure that life was rather shit for all you as well, one day this, the other day that. That's the way the cookie crumbles!

In light of this, I have made no new years resolutions. At least not actively. Because what I'm doing right now is write the first post to a brand-new blog...and that's something I
wasn't doing last year. Go figure.

Senfedge was created because of two things: 1.) Lovely flatmate K got us a very kick-ass present for the household, a USB-Turntable. The first thing I did with it was rip a 7" compilation from 1996 with my old band on it, and I shared the stuff with my friends here in Vienna, Austria. Most of them didn't have that vinyl, and - we are now at reason 2.) they asked me to rip more obscure Austrian hardcore-punk stuff that some of them may or may not have.

This I am now going to do. But I actually wanted to do a bit more; I would like to post records that I so loved "back in the day" (ugh), to make mp3-files that not only I can enjoy on my ipod, but also any fool out there on the interweb. That means YOU or your buddies.

If you want a check-list of what senfedge is about, here goes:
- updates once or twice a week. Just subscribe to this blog via any old newsreader you might use, it's the simplest way of hearing about new posts. If you're new to RSS/XML, I can recommend a web-based compiler like bloglines.
- I dislike dropping bandnames, but to give you a rough idea of what I will post I'll tell you a few buzzwords that should help: HeartattaCk, Delta 72, Profane Existance, K Recs, Hoover, Kidney Room, Skuld, GASR, Plot, Sned, alsfuoduflshdfkln. See, I got frustrated. But if you know, you know.
- Austrian stuff will also be posted, of course, in an effort to have some sort of archive sooner or later. Nah, strike that last bit, that's far too ambitous ;) - but you get the idea!
- I will either post one song or a full album or 7" or whatever. But most posts will be just one song.
- if you don't like a song, just don't listen to it. If you like it, spazz out!
- get in touch with me by leaving a comment.

So yea, that should be it.

Let me know come to the first post here, the premiere, if you will:

Dub Narcotic Sound System - Fuck Shit Up (DBN 102, K Recs)

This is real easy. A kick-ass song that should be the anthem not just for the new year but for, like, evah! I reviewed this 7" for the fabulous Cracked zine with the word "Exactly".



So: download this song, but make it fucked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home